Sunday, September 6, 2015

Halloween DIY Projects: Jack-o-lantern mug, headband, and hair clips.

This year I am doing some early prep for the Halloween season with DIY projects!
So far I have made a Jack-o-lantern mug, a black and orange headband, and some hair clips.
Here are some photos of the finished product:




MUG:
Materials: Mug, Paint pen.

For the jack-o-lantern mug, I bought an orange coffee mug from the dollar store. To make the jack-o-lantern face and "BOO!" design, I used a black paint marker. Paint markers stick to ceramic and won't come off in the dishwasher! Wash your mug thoroughly with soap and water before you draw on it.

 HEADBAND:
Materials: plastic headband, orange ribbon, black ribbon, sequin ribbon, needle, thread, E6000.

For the headband, I bought some plastic headbands and different color ribbon and sequins from the dollar store. I wrapped orange ribbon around the headband very tightly and tucked in the ribbon on the ends of the headband. I sewed it into place with a strand of black sequins. I then made a bow using one piece of black ribbon and one piece of orange ribbon stacked together, and glued it into place with E6000. 

HAIR CLIPS:
Materials: Black ribbon, metal hair clips, halloween buttons, E6000.

For the hair clips, I made three bows using the black ribbon. I then cut off the loop on the back of each halloween button, and glued them onto the ribbons using E6000. I then glued each bow onto a hair clip. For this project it is helpful to have alligator clips or another type of clamp to hold the bows and hair clips together while they dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment