Though these etchings are from last semester, we recently did an assignment in my watercolor class in which we used an original printed image and water-colored over it. I had been wanting to do it for a while, so this was a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. At first it felt weird seeing the images in color, but after a week of them being dry, finished products, I am really liking the end result.
The assignment for next week is a diptych, as we start to think about the subject for a series of images to work on. Shown in order are my attempts at the assignment. Though we only need one, the first one didn't feel satisfying as a two-part image. I may end up just cutting it in half. After worrying about imagery and color and even techniques I want to work with, I took a deep breath, listened to some music, and the next one just sort of flowed out of me subconsciously.